2. You are in a restaurant and you have ordered a cup of coffee. waiter: "Here you are." you: "Thanks." waiter: " ___________________ ."
3. You want to buy a newspaper, but you don’t know its price. Choose the correct question.
4. Your friend asks you to tell him the time. It’s five past six. What do you reply?
5. You have just spilled some red wine on your friend’s favourite T-shirt. What do you say?
6. "Is there ____________ milk in the fridge?"
7. "Are ____________ flowers here yours?"
8. You are a tourist and need some stamps for your postcards. Ask somebody. "Excuse me, _________________ a post office near here?"
9. Choose the correct preposition. A: "Excuse me, where is the bank?" B: "It’s _________the supermarket and the station."
10. I live alone with my cat. But I never feel lonely __________ I have a lot of visitors.
11. You work as a secretary in an office. Somebody wants to talk to your boss, who is speaking to somebody else on the telephone. What do you say?
12. You are in a conversation, but didn’t understand your partner properly. What do you say?
13. You want to write an email to a company’s boss, but you don’t know his/her name. Choose the correct form of address.
14. Complete the conversation correctly. Secretary: "Good morning. TH Enterprises. Jane Foster speaking."
Customer: "Good morning. Can I talk to the manager, please?"
Secretary: "I’m sorry. He’s in a meeting. _________________ ."
Customer: "No, thanks. I’ll call again later."
15. Yesterday I ___________a friend
16. Your best friend has just bought a new dress. You would like to buy it, too. Choose the correct question.
"I like your new dress. How much _____________ for it?"
17. I bought my bike _______________.
18. The hotel manager speaks very fast. So you ask him:
19. You are sitting in a restaurant and want to order something. Choose the most polite form.
20. You are talking about your favourite food. Which sentence is correct?
21. You have guests. Offer them some cookies.
22. How ____ sugar is there in the cupboard?
23. Complete the conversation.
customer: "I’d like to buy some new jeans."
shop assistant: "What size are you?"
customer: "I think I’m a forty."
shop assistant: "Here you are."
customer: " ___________ "
shop assistant: "Yes, of course. The changing rooms are over there."
24. Elephants are _______________ mice.
25. Reading is _____________ than climbing
26. _________________ any friends in town?
27. Marcus is not here at the moment. He __________________ in his office.
28. Complete the conversation.
Paul: " ______ book is it?"
Claire: "It’s mine."
29. You are talking about future plans. Which of the statements is correct?
30. Usually Jane is a ___________ driver, but yesterday she didn't drive ___________ .
31. Ask your friend to find out more about his/ her travelling habits.
32. Complete the conversation.
"Can we go out now?" "Sorry, we can’t. I haven’t finished my housework ______ ."
33. Answer the following question correctly. "Excuse me, can I borrow your book, please?"
34. Your best friend wants to go out, but doesn’t know where. Make a suggestion.
35. Choose the correct answer to the following question. “What’s the matter?”
36. Choose the correct words to fill in the gaps (36-40).
My brother and sister.
I have a brother Ben, and a sister Ana. They are a lot younger than me, and _________(36) they are twins they don’t look similar at all.
Ben has got red hair, ____________ (37) Ana’s hair is blond. They _______________ (38) have blue eyes, but Ben is much taller than Ana.
They are interested in different things, _____________ (39). ________(40), Ben likes numbers and letters, but Ana prefers painting and drawing. (source: Liz and John Soars; Sylvia Wheeldon: New Headway Elementary. The THIRD edition. Student’s Book. Oxford University Press. p. 122)
Sie haben einige Grundlagenkenntnisse der englischen Sprache im Bereich A2, die jedoch noch nicht gefestigt sind.
Wir empfehlen Ihnen daher einen Wiedereinsteigerkurs Level 3 / A2.
Sie verfügen über sichere Kenntnisse der englischen Sprache im Bereich A2.
Wir empfehlen Ihnen einen Englischkurs, der höhere Anforderungen an Sie stellt.
Der Kurs Wiedereinsteiger Level 5 / B1 ist geeignet, um vorhandene Kenntnisse aufzufrischen und zu vertiefen, komplexe Texte zu verstehen und Ihre mündliche und schriftliche Kommunikationsfähigkeit zu verbessern.
Sind Sie unsicher, ob Sie diesen Anforderungen gewachsen sind? In diesem Fall empfehlen wir Ihnen zusätzlich den Einstufungstest B1 zu machen.